Orange, Chicken and Pecan SaladThis is an easy salad for a light main dish or as a side dish. It's great for using up bits of leftover chicken, or use packaged chicken strips, or cut up a grilled chicken breast. It's very versatile and easy to make.
- Bring a sauté pan of water to the boil, lower the chicken breast in and poach for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- Make the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the lettuce and spin in a salad spinner.
- Pare the oranges, removing all the pith, then cut into segments.
- Slice the chicken into even width slices, about 5mm.
- Arrange greens in large salad bowl.
- Top salad with orange segments, chicken slices, carrots and pecans.
- Drizzle the dressing over all the ingredients and serve immediately.