- Pre-heat the oven.
- Blind bake the pastry case.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, remove the pie weights and reduce the oven to 150°C.
- Spread the lemon curd in the slightly cooled pastry case.
- Make the meringue then spread it on top of the curd and pastry right to the very edge of the pastry rim with a knife, so that it seals the edge completely. (With the knife also make a few decorative swirls.)
- Cook in the oven on the centre shelf for 45 minutes, by which time the meringue will have turned pale beige, and be crisp on the outside and mashmallowy on the inside.
- Serve warm or cold, but if warm, leave it to settle for about 20 minutes.
- Chilled pouring cream is a nice accompaniment.