Basic Biscuit Base
Crushed biscuits, sweet and savoury, can be used a simple base for cheesecakes, slices and pies, instead of pastry. They can also be combined with other ingredients and used to make all sorts of sweet and savoury finger food and nibbles to have with drinks and coffee.
- In a small saucepan or the microwave, melt the butter.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor or electric chopper and pulverize into crumbs.
- Measure 1½ cups of crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter.
- Stir or blend together with your hands.
- Press into the pie plate or other pan, or use as instructed in your recipe (sometimes only the crushed biscuits will be used without the melted butter, so follow your instructions).
- To pre-bake the pie crust, bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 180°C oven.